1. Calgary, AB. Alberta Education proposes bigger role in teacher wage negotiations, Calgary Herald
Hoping to keep tighter reins on its scarce funds, Alberta Education is proposing a new collective bargaining model for teachers allowing government to ...
2. Philadelphia, PA. Where are Philadelphia teachers union dues being spent?, Watchdog
Every two weeks, local teachers have money taken out of their paychecks for union representation in collective bargaining. But the ...
3. Maple Park, IL. Negotiations continue on Kaneland teachers' contract, Chicago Tribune
Kaneland students are out on Thanksgiving holiday break, but teacher contract talks are still on the front lines in the district. The Kaneland Board of ...
4. Mcmurray, PA. Peters students, teachers to return to class day after Thanksgiving, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
As teachers and students in the Peters Township School District return to classes the day after Thanksgiving, the path of negotiations and what will ...
5. Forest City, PA. FC teachers to strike Dec. 1, Independentweekender
Teachers in the Forest City Regional School District are set to strike starting Tuesday, Dec. 1. The union originally issued a strike notice for ...
6. Mcmurray, PA. Peters Township School District, teachers head to nonbinding arbitration, The Almanac
More than 4,000 Peters Township School District students are scheduled to return to classrooms Friday following a teachers' strike that lasted three ...
7. Ithaca, NY. Teachers' collective bargaining hurts student income, Cornell Chronicle
A new Cornell study presents the first evidence that students' exposure to a duty-to-bargain law while in elementary and secondary school lowers ...
8. Los Angeles, CA. Part-Time Faculty Plans Union Elections at The University of Southern California, Los Angeles Times
USC’s adjunct and part-time faculty filed paperwork Tuesday to hold union elections, a move that supporters say will lead to improved working conditions but administrators have warned could lead to less collegiality ...
9. New York, NY. Cuomo, in Shift, Is Said to Back Reducing Test Scores' Role in Teacher Reviews, New York Times
That would represent an about-face from January, when the governor called for test scores to determine 50 percent of a teacher's evaluation.
10. Halifax, NS. Nova Scotia education reform traded at bargaining table, Graham Steele says, CBC Halifax
Last week, the president of the Nova Scotia Teachers Union told her members "the normal collective bargaining process was not followed for this ...
11. Madison, WI. Madison teachers vote overwhelmingly to recertify union, Twin Cities - Pioneer Press
Of the 2,838 Madison School District teachers eligible to vote, 86 percent ... The law significantly reduced collective bargaining rights for most public ...
12. Truro, NS. Truro educator: Teachers' tentative deal a step backwards, The Chronicle Herald
“This is the worst tentative deal in the recent history of the NSTU and may spell the end of the relevance of the NSTU and collective bargaining,” ...
13. Sudbury, MA. Sudbury teachers union and board enter mediation, Wicked Local
Teachers and the Sudbury School Committee entered ... to wrap up negotiations after the current teachers' contract expired in June.
14. Mcmurray, PA. Striking Peters Township teachers headed back to school Friday, Tribune-Review
Peters Township students will return to school Friday after a 21-day teachers strike, but the educators could stage another walkout if a contract ...
15. Montreal, QC. Quebec teachers hold surprise protest in Montreal, CBCnews Montreal
Montreal's largest teachers' group took to the city's streets this morning to protest against budget restrictions and stalled negotiations with the provincial government. The Fédération autonome de l'enseignement (FAE), which represents about a third ...
16. Edmonton, AB. Alberta's education minister set to introduce new bill on collective bargaining for teachers, Edmonton Journal
Education Minister David Eggen will introduce a new bill Tuesday for provincewideteacher negotiations. John Lucas / Edmonton Journal.
17. Annapolis, MD. Parents, officials: Bring back teacher stipends, CapitalGazette
"There are teachers who are in the front lines of our quest to erase ... Schmidt said teacher quality improved after stipends were given to teachers at ...
18. Tampa, FL. Budget hole makes for testy talks on Hillsborough teacher raises, TBO
But state law now requires school districts to provide performance pay, which relies in part on teachers' evaluations. In Hillsborough, that process and ...
19. Columbus, OH. Alternative Framework, Ohio Department of Education
Student surveys. Teacher self-evaluations. Peer review evaluations. Student portfolios. District-determined component. Alternative Components.